Autoimmune disease in Roseville happens when the body's natural defense system can't tell the difference between your own cells and foreign cells, causing the body to mistakenly attack normal cells. There are more than 70 types of autoimmune diseases that can affect many areas of your body. The most common autoimmune diseases in are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, a form of arthritis that attacks the joints
- Psoriasis, a condition marked by thick, scaly patches of skin
- Psoriatic arthritis, a type of arthritis affecting some people with psoriasis
- Lupus, a disease that damages areas of the body that include joints, skin and organs
- Thyroid diseases, including Graves' disease, where the body makes too much thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism), and Hashimoto's thyroiditis, where it doesn't make enough (hypothyroidism) of the hormone
Symptoms of autoimmune disease may be severe in some people and mild in others. Common Autoimmune Disease Symptoms Despite the varying types of autoimmune disease, many of them share similar symptoms.
Common Symtoms for Autoimmune Disease in Roseville:
- Joint pain and swelling
- Skin problems
- Abdominal pain or digestive issues
- Recurring fever
- Swollen glands
- Weight gain or lost that cant be controlled with exercise and diet
You can be sure that no stone will be left unturned in determining the exact cause of your condition. In addition to the state of the art treatment facility we have, we also may use lab testing, especially in the treatment of these chronic conditions. This allows our team at Platinum Health Solutions in Roseville to determine the true cause of your condition and get you the best, fastest results possible in your care.